Colombian limonada de coco is a popular drink throughout Colombia which we loved and ordered with every meal when eating out.
It’s a lime/coconut smoothie, which is particularly popular by the coastal Caribbean region in places like Cartagena and Barranquilla. Our recipe for Colombian limonada de coco is extremely simple to make, using only 4 ingredients and a blender. This serves around 3-4 people.
Ingredients for Colombian limonada de coco
- 400ml (1 can) of coconut milk
- 3 limes, squeezed for the juice
- 4 tablespoons of sugar
- 14 ice cubes
How to make Colombian limonada de coco
1. Place the coconut milk, lime juice, sugar and ice cubes into a blender and mix until smooth.
2. Taste and adjust add more lime juice or sugar according to taste.
3. Serve cold!
If you enjoyed reading, Pin me for later!
For more inspiration:
- try our other recipes for Colombian coco loco from the coast and ajiaco soup from Bogota
- check out our gay guides to Bogota, Cartagena and Medellin
- read about the awesome colourful flower festival of Medellin
- learn more from our interesting facts about Colombia and famous foods of Colombia
- read what it’s like growing up gay in Colombia with our interview with Jesus from Barranquilla
- check out our 5 romantic things to do in Bogota and Cartagena (the city we got engaged in!)